Discover history, attractions and popular things to do
on the beautiful Texas gulf
Make the Lighthouse Inn your home away from home while you explore our many local Rockport, Texas coast attractions. Shopping, restaurants and attractions are only minutes away from our front door.
Boasting an average annual temperature comparable to that of Jacksonville or San Diego, Rockport, Texas is cooled in the summer by gentle gulf breezes. Rockport is a major sport fishing destination, featuring a beautiful mile-long beach, along with bountiful wildlife, golf, hunting, birding and many other outdoor recreations.
Rockport is also renowned for its artist community, offering museums, art galleries, antique and craft stores, and several annual events.
Outdoor enthusiasts at the Lighthouse Inn will enjoy on-property fishing, as well as our proximity to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, Goose Island State Park, and the 18-hole Bill Coore-designed Rockport Country Club. Satisfy the history buff in you at the nearby elegant Fulton Mansion, and the Texas Maritime Museum.
Popular Texas Coast attractions close to the Lighthouse Inn include:
- Fulton Mansion - .1 mile
- Fulton Harbor/Marina District - .5 mile
- Rockport Country Club Golf course – 1.2 miles
- Rockport Beach Park – 1.7 miles
- Downtown Shopping District - 2 miles
- Downtown Art Galleries & Antique Shops – 2 miles
- Texas Maritime Museum – 2.7 miles
- Rockport Center For The Arts – 2.7 miles
- Copano Bay fishing pier – 3 miles